Shangri-La - “Explorator” Leather Jacket - Black
Early on, we were the only brand carrying leathers from Shangri-La in America. Since then, they've been very good at growing their brand slowly in America and we're now one of a very few with a selection in their leather goods. These guys trust us to represent the brand in America and we appreciate them thoroughly for that. This jacket instantly brought out our inner nostalgia. This style jacket was all over our childhood in the late '80s and early '90s. It's clearly a much earlier inspiration than that, but all styles make a comeback. We're hedging our bet that this will give you that same nostalgia tingle that we don't often get from pieces of earlier time periods. Maybe it won't, regardless is one of the baddest jackets in our lineup and would instantly upgrade your wardrobe to a level hardly which hardly anyone could compete.
Inspired by late 40s British motorcycle jackets and revisited with a unique Italian touch, the “Explorator” Black Leather Jacket represents an authentic garment made of vegetable tanned, drum dyed, top grain Lambskin from Tuscany (Italy). This variation is lined with a beautiful limited suede that is no longer included on the jacket. It is an Original ancient Map of Bergamo Territory from 17th century found in an old archive, and brought back to life on Silk.
These are typically built-to-order, so we may be one of the only options for getting this jacket right now! Every Jacket comes in a high-quality 100% organic natural cotton Bag, laced with Havana rope and with screen printed logo.
- Style: 1940s British Motorcycle Jackets
- Fit: tailored fit
- Weight: heavyweight
- Leather: vegetable tanned, drum dyed, top grain Lambskin from Tuscany (Italy)
- Trimmings: Corduroy
- Removable closing collar-tab
- Body Lining: Silk Original ancient Map of Bergamo Territory from 17th century
- Sleeves Lining: “Espresso Coffee” color 100% viscose
- Slanted chest “Map” Pocket
- 3 external “Rainproof” tailoring Pockets
- Stormproof snap close wrist cuffs
- Inner windflap and outer stormflap full front length
- 2 inside Pockets with antique brass snap buttons with engraved markings
- Pockets lining in Brown color 100% cotton
- Belt-adjustable waist
- Two-way main zipper for more comfort
- Jacquard labels
- Breathable, Windproof and Waterproof
- Hand Made in Italy
- Designed and tested in Bergamo, Northern Italian Alps
Fit Notes: Shop owner Tommy is wearing a size medium in the pictures. This piece, in comparison to the "Café" is a very similar fit. There's obviously more length in the body and maybe even just a little extra room overall, but the arms are still tailored. We would recommend true to size or one size up if you're not looking for tailored. Tommy is 5'10", 162lbs with a 40" chest.