Shangri-La - “Stelvio” Melton Wool Dispatch Rider Coat - Forest Green
Early on, we were the only brand carrying leathers from Shangri-La in America. Since then, they've been very good at growing their brand slowly in America and we're now one of a very few with a selection in their leather goods (and more). These guys trust us to represent the brand in America and we appreciate them thoroughly for that. We simply can't pass up Melton wool. We've yet to love another wool quite like this. It's soft and sturdy, with a hardy composition that makes it warm as hell. Then, you add on all the Shangri-La details listed below and you have something special. They never disappoint. With Shangri-la, it's like they have a fly on the wall for every conversation that ends in "I love this jacket, but it would be so much better if they added 'x'." They always think of 'x.' They never leave out the details you didn't know you wanted. The leather collar extension is the most glaring on this incredible coat.
Inspired by late 10s Dispatch Rider coats from the First World War and revisited with a unique Italian touch, the “Stelvio” Dispatch Rider Coat represents an authentic garment made of heavy Italian Melton Wool 26 Oz in Forest Green color, with leather trimmings made with vegetable tanned Lambskin from Tuscany. A double-breasted front provided an additional layer of protection to the chest, with a storm flap designed to keep water away from the body. The most distinctive feature of the coat, however, remains the slanted chest “Map” pocket used by the dispatch riders to carry messages. The lining is made of “Espresso Coffee” color viscose, and the leather collar-tab closes the neck to keep you warm during winter and cold trips.
These are typically built-to-order, so we may be one of the only options for getting this jacket right now! Every Jacket comes in a high-quality 100% organic natural cotton Bag, laced with Havana rope and with screen printed logo.
- Style: 1910s Dispatch Rider Coat
- Fit: tailored fit
- Weight: heavyweight
- Fabric: Melton Wool 26 Oz from Tuscany (Italy) (WO 80%, PL 20%) in Forest Green color
- Leather trimmings: vegetable tanned, drum dyed, top grain Lambskin from Tuscany (Italy)
- Removable closing collar-tab in vegetable tanned Lambskin from Tuscany (Italy) with snap buttons
- Lining: “Espresso Coffee” color 100% viscose
- Padding (body): 100% cotton
- Double-breasted front
- Slanted chest “Map” Pocket
- 2 external “Cargo” tailoring Pockets
- 2 inside Pockets with antique brass snap buttons with engraved markings
- Pockets lining in Brown color 100% cotton
- Belt-adjustable waist
- Horn Buttons
- Jacquard labels
- Hand Made in Italy
- Designed and tested in Bergamo, Northern Italian Alps
Fit Notes: Shop owner Tommy is wearing a size medium in the pictures. We're finding this piece very true to fit. Shop owner Tommy is wearing a medium in the pictures. Virtually all of our returns are caused by people buying a size too small, so we recommend either true to size, or up one on this jacket. Tommy is 5'10", 162lbs with a 40" chest.