Free Domestic Economy Shipping Above $175 - Shipping Automatically Upgraded @ $300+ - Weekly Product Launches Tues, Thurs, & Sat
Gently Used Buzz Rickson's Submarine Wool Coat - Charcoal - 40
Developed in the pre-WWII era exclusively for the submarine ("silent") service by the U. S. Navy, these woolen coats were as few as there were submariners at the time and the survival rate for these coats was even lower due, possibly, to being so tasty to munching insects, nicely warm, and not at all military looking, thus enabling them to easily "walk away" when sailors left the service. Today, such coats are beyond rare and will fetch significant money among collectors, but you now can have a new one thanks to Buzz Rickson's.
- Button-front closure
- Custom manufacturing of the correct urea buttons, not plastic
- Custom manufacturing of the correct heavy worsted-wool using vintage machinery
- Assembly using vintage sewing machines
- Pocket flaps and interior cuffs are backed with all-cotton black cotton exactly as found on the original jacket style and interior seams are taped
- Vintage-style label produced on vintage shuttle looms
- DRY CLEAN ONLY
- Made in Japan
- Worn a few times, but otherwise looks like it did the day it was originally purchased
James Dant Fit Notes: An extra roomy Medium-ish fit. Sized to accommodate heavier layers beneath.
- Measurements for 40: (P2P) laid flat = 23", (Sleeve) underarm seam to cuff = 20", (Length) high point shoulder to front hem = 31", (Shoulder) shoulder seam to shoulder seam = 19" --- A variance of .5" is within tolerance.