Free Shipping Over $150 for a Limited Time
Pumpkin Bitters - 2oz
THE ORIGINAL & ONLY Pumpkin Bitters on the market is back!
Five varieties of organic heirloom pumpkins grown in Northern California at La Tercera Farms aged with Workhorse's rye, artichoke leaf, and many organic spices.
WHOLE PLANT DIRECT MACERATION WITH THEIR SPIRIT FOR ONE YEAR
Annabelle grows stellar heirloom plants. She grows a dozen different types of heirloom pumpkins at her La Tercera Farms in Bolinas, CA, among a plethora of other gorgeous organically grown edibles.
The first thing you'll smell and taste in these bitters is a pumpkin patch channelled through bright yet savory roasted pumpkin, artichoke leaf, suma root, eleuthero root, sweet potato, and chamomile. Think classic Italian amari like carciofo.
Second, you'll notice the sweeter side of modern Pumpkin associative accoutrement: cardamom, cinnamon, cacao, rooibos, and cranberry. Tertiary flavors persist as well thanks to a layering of smoked salts by Bitterman Salt Co, their own smoked malt spirit, bell pepper, rosemary, and sage.
- Old Fashioned Cocktails first and foremost: 2 oz rye, 1/4 oz maple, 2 sleeves Pumpkin Bitters
- Any cocktail utilizing aged spirits like American whiskey, brandy, Reposado, Scotch, aged rum
- Soda water or cola: 1 dropper sleeve-full (or dash) of bitters per 2-4 ounces is a good starter point to dial in your particular palate
- Desserts; on top of ice cream, in a batch of cookies (ratio of bitters: use twice the amount of vanilla extract the recipe calls for)
- Bitter cappuccino (add bitters after espresso, before milk)
- Ranging from pilsner to stout, these bitters play exceptionally well with beer cocktails in many ways, but perhaps the most impactful exercise is to help mild/boring beer taste lively by adding one to three dropper sleeves-full per beer