The L/S Jack - Charcoal Donegal
“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” and a lifeless Jack is the last thing we want. The Jack in Navy Donegal introduces a compelling and tasteful aesthetic to Taylor Stitch's classic 3-button collar woven, making it truly the antithesis of “dull.” Equal parts conversation starter and show stopper, this shirt is utterly captivating without being flashy or braggy.
Donegal fabrics’ namesake is derived from Donegal, Ireland, a town in Northwest Ireland where the textile style first originated. Given the area’s abundant sheep population, the Irish townsfolk began weaving signature twills, herringbone, and one-of-a-kind “flecked” woolen fabrics. This flecked style was popularized and ultimately named after the are from which it was born. In order to obtain this look, deliberate inconsistencies and blemishes are woven into the fabric. Yarns are purposefully knotted and broken, thus providing a “nep” effect. The result is a wonderfully speckled fabric with a unique hand and attractive aesthetic idiosyncrasies. Their modernized, 6 oz. donegal achieves ultimate comfort, drape, and durability through the use of an intricate cotton, silk, wool, and viscose blend.
- 6-oz. 83% Cotton, 10% Silk, 5% Wool, 2% Viscose.
- Their signature Jack button down collar.
- Single rounded chest pocket.
- Double needle felled construction throughout.
- Natural buttons.
- Lockstitched buttons and buttonholes.
- Shorter length to be worn untucked.
- Tailored fit and high armhole.
- No pleats for easy ironing and clean lines.
- Wash cold and tumble dry low.
- Made in China.