- Case: stainless steel, with double curve sapphire crystal.
- Dial: super-luminova hands and indices.
- Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds, date indicator, stopwatch function with two subdials.
- Movement: argonite 5021 quartz movement, hand assembled from 85 swiss and other imported components.
- Watch Strap: made with premium leather.
The engine of a Shinola watch is the Argonite movement, assembled in their Detroit factory from Swiss and other imported parts. The complex assembly of each movement requires highly-trained craftspeople skilled at assembling miniature parts with the utmost precision. The movement is tested at every step of assembly to ensure top performance.
Once the movement is tested, it gets attached to the dial, the hands are set, and it is secured in a stainless steel case. The case is then closed, and the backplate is attached. Each fully-assembled watch undergoes pressure testing to check for an atmosphere-proof seal and proper fitting of the stainless steel case, gaskets, and sapphire crystal. After the watchcase is rigorously evaluated, it is fitted with either a leather strap or stainless steel bracelet. The end result is a beautiful timepiece assembled in their state-of-the-art Detroit factory and built to last a lifetime.